Kayak along the coast as we head to the sea caves. Hawaiian spinner dolphins are most commonly seen in the early morning, so look out for these amazing creatures.
Puako Bay Snorkeling Tour Big Island
- Kayaks (tandem)
- Comfortable seats
- 20L dry bag
- Bottled water
2-Hour Puako Bay Snorkeling Tour
We launch from Puako Bay, which is located near the resorts of Waikoloa and Waimea. Puako is a lovely, quiet place hidden on the northwest side of Hawaii Island.
Before launching, we explain how to paddle so even the most inexperienced paddler can understand how to control the kayak well. We have easy access to the calm bay and can practice there before entering the Pacific Ocean. Next, we launch and head out to the ocean and marvel at the beautiful views of the Island.
We head to Waialea Bay to robust coral gardens for snorkeling. Dolphins are sometimes spotted along our kayaking course. What a thrill when the dolphins come up to our kayaks to jump and play! We may even see humpback whales between December and March!
Gear: Our main masks are panorama-style, offering a wide field of vision, but we also have other types of masks to suit different face shapes. Our main snorkels are flexible-neck snorkels with easy water discharge, not the molded J-shape type.
Seats: Very comfortable with excellent back support, giving you more comfort and stronger paddling.
- Morning Tour (6:45 – 8:45 a.m.) — 06:40 a.m. check-in
- Afternoon Tour (1:00 – 3:00 p.m.) — 12:55 p.m. check-in
- The activity is subject to cancellation or change due to ocean/weather conditions. We appreciate your understanding.
- You are welcome to bring your own equipment.
- If you are prone to seasickness, please take the necessary precautions.
- 48-hour cancellation notice required for a full refund.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.