Puako is a lovely, quiet place hidden on the northwest side of Hawaii Island. We head to Waialea Bay to robust coral gardens for snorkeling.
National Marine Sanctuary Kayak Tour
- Kayaks (tandem)
- Comfortable seats
- 20L dry bag
- Bottled water
- Adult 13 and older
- Child 12 and under
Puako Bay Kayaking and Snorkeling Adventure!
Our 3.5-hour Puako Bay kayaking and snorkeling tour takes place within the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary. We paddle along the coast while enjoying the magnificent scenery of Hawaii Island in a fun and relaxed manner.
One of the highlights of our snorkeling spots is the Turtle Cleaning Station, where turtles come to have their shells cleaned by the fish. You have a very good chance to observe the turtles in their natural habitat. Schools of fish are abundant.
The Puako area is one of the top diving spots in Hawaii. Dolphins are also commonly seen year-round. From December to March, the Humpback whales come to visit! As many as 10,000 whales come to the islands during this season. Other highlights are the underwater arches that you can swim through, the gorgeous coral, and the beach areas. Puako Bay is a 10-minute drive from the resorts in the Waikoloa area.
Gear: Our main masks are panorama-style, offering a wide field of vision, but we also have other types of masks to suit different face shapes. Our main snorkels are flexible-neck snorkels with easy water discharge, not the molded J-shape type.
Seats: Very comfortable with excellent back support, giving you more comfort and stronger paddling.
- 08:55 a.m. – Check-in at PUAKO BAY
- 09:00 a.m. – Orientation and kayaking instruction, including safety procedures, then launch.
- We head north or south toward the next bay and then stop at the best place to snorkel.
- After snorkeling, we enjoy snacks and then off to a second snorkel spot (time and energy permitting).
- We then head back to Puako.
- 12:30 p.m. – We arrive back at Puako Bay with big smiles.
- Dolphin sightings are not guaranteed… They are wild animals!
- The activity is subject to cancellation or change due to ocean/weather conditions. We appreciate your understanding.
- You are welcome to bring your own equipment.
- If you are prone to seasickness, please take the necessary precautions.
- 48-hour cancellation notice required for a full refund.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.